The Health and Safety Executive is carrying out spot checks and inspections on all types of businesses in all areas to ensure they are COVID-secure.
Inspectors will make COVID-secure checks as part of their normal role in visiting workplaces during the pandemic. To ensure we reach as many workplaces as possible nationally and support the core work of our inspectors, we are working with trained and approved partners to deliver the spot check calls and visits.
Officers that visit premises will be carrying identification from their business and a letter of authorisation from HSE. If you wish to verify an officer that calls or visits your organisation, please call 0300 790 6896.
If you receive a call or visit from us, you should participate in the spot check as failure to do so could lead to enforcement action.
As well as participating in the phone calls and visits, there are sensible and proportionate steps you should take to help keep your workplace COVID-secure, including:
- carrying out a COVID-19 risk assessment
- maintaining social distancing
- keeping your workplace clean, with handwashing and hygiene procedures
The following video explains:
- how spot inspections work
- what we will need to check
- how the inspections can help you keep your workplace COVID-secure
- actions inspectors will take if employers are not managing the risk of COVID spreading
Click here to watch the video.