The Albion lorry – Model FT 3 L was originally built in 1946, and was supplied by Cawthorns of Newcastle to Sommers & Allerton Removals of North Shields. In 1956 it was purchased by Burham Removals of Stepney, E1 and then onto Sweeting Removals of Wakefield in 1979. Eventually completing an incredible working life of 38 years. It has a 4 litre EN277A side valve petrol engine and a 4 speed (crash) gearbox. This vehicle can reach a top speed of 40 mph. The body of the vehicle is Aluminium BK type rail container built by Park Royal for the carriage of household furniture and effects, compatible with rail rolling stock of the day. The van was loaded at residence and lifted off the lorry by crane at a rail head for long distance journeys via rail. The derelict chassis cab was saved from the breakers yard in 2008 and totally rebuilt between 2010 and 2012. The BK lift van was restored and a flatbed platform body built to 1940s design. Finally it was repainted and hand sign written.