Here is your weekly commercial drivers travel update, which sets out changes and events that could affect your planned operations.
Central and east London
From tomorrow, Friday 4 August, until Sunday 13 August, the IAAF World Championships will be taking place in Stratford and central London. On Sunday 6 and 13 August, events will be taking place on closed roads in central London. There will be delays to road journeys and road and bridge closures will be in place. For more details, please visit tfl.gov.uk/world-athletics
The following tunnels will be closed for maintenance works over the next week:
- A406 Fore Street Tunnel: From 22:00 Thursday 3 to 05:00 Friday 4 August. The tunnel is also closed on the night of Thursday 10 August
- A12 Green Man Tunnel eastbound: From 22:00 Friday 4 to 05:00 Saturday 5 August
- A12 George Green Tunnel westbound: From 22:00 Friday 4 to 05:00 Saturday 5 August
- A102 Blackwall Tunnel northbound closed from 01:00 until 08:00 on Sunday 6 August. Northbound traffic will be diverted to the southbound bore and southbound traffic diverted to other river crossings
- A2 Eltham Tunnel: Full closure of London-bound lanes from 22:00 Sunday 6 to 05:00 Monday 7 August
- A13/A200 Rotherhithe Tunnel: From 22:00 Monday 7 to 05:00 Tuesday 8 August
- A3211 Upper Thames Street Tunnel: Eastbound closure from 22:00 Tuesday 8 to 05:00 Wednesday 9 August, and westbound closure from 22:00 Wednesday 9 to 05:00 Thursday 10 August
A23 Brixton Road
Due to the main water pipe burst that caused serious damage to Brixton Hill last week, the start date for gas main replacement works on Brixton Road was postponed until Friday 4 August. Work will be done in 200m sections to minimise disruption and there will be lane closures and some local road closures between the junctions of Camberwell New Road and Normandy Road until March 2018. For more details, please click here
A406/A404 Harrow Road (Park Royal)
Until Tuesday 8 August, lanes one and two of the A406 will be closed at the A404 Harrow Road junction from 22:00 to 05:00 every night. The A406 will be completely shut at this junction from 22:00 Tuesday 8 August until 05:00 Wednesday 9 August.
A406/A41 (Brent Cross)
Structural surveys are taking place on the A41 Brent Cross flyover with the junction of the A41 (22:00 to 05:00) until Wednesday 23 August:
- Until Wednesday 9 August, the A41 eastbound carriageway is closed between the north-west and north-east slip road
- From Friday 11 August until Wednesday 23 August, the A41 westbound carriageway will be closed between the south-east and south-west slip road
A1 Upper Street, Islington
Thames Water is currently working on Essex Road, Islington Green and Upper Street from the junction of Colebrooke Row and Liverpool Road. The second stage of work along Upper Street and the A1 Islington High Street will start on Wednesday 16 August and continue until late October. During that time, there will be a southbound closure of the A1 between Liverpool Road and City Road and a lane closure on Upper Street between the junction of Islington Green and Liverpool Road. For more details, please click here
City of London
Until the end of August, A1 Aldersgate Street is closed southbound at the junction of Beech Street. This is for gas works.
From 07:00 on Saturday 5 August until 07:00 on Monday 7 August, Albert Bridge will be closed in both directions between Albert Bridge Road and Oakley Street for maintenance works.
From 14:30 until 23:30 on Saturday 5 August and from 11:00 until 18:00 on Sunday 6 August, roads around the stadium will be busier than usual, including A406, Harrow Road and Wembley High Road. This is due to events.
A127 Southend Arterial Road
The A127 will be closed in both directions between Gallows Corner and the junction of Ardleigh Green Road/Squirrels Heath Road from 22:00 Sunday 13 until 05:00 Monday 14 August. This is to facilitate works on Ardleigh Green Bridge. For more details, please click here
As part of the Network Rail works to upgrade London Bridge station Tooley Street is closed to eastbound traffic from Borough High Street to Bermondsey Street. The next full closure of Tooley Street will be from 01:00 Saturday 26 August to 05:00 Tuesday 29 August. For more details, please click here
For the latest status update on road travel, please click here