In order to achieve or maintain Membership of the Commercial Moving Group, all Members and Prospective Members must be accredited to BS 8522:2009 (The only British Quality Standard developed specifically for the Commercial Moving Industry).
The History of the Standard:
In 2006 The Commercial Moving Group Council identified the need for a Quality Standard to be developed and introduced as a mandatory requirement for Membership, this unprecedented step would ensure that all Members operate to the highest standards as laid down by The British Standards Institute.
Over a period of three years the CMG Council Sub Committee assigned to this project, working closely with BSi and other professional bodies, worked and re worked on several draft versions before the final clauses were agreed and signed off, with the Standard gaining approval in July 2009.
The Standard covers three main elements:
- The Initial Contact, Survey and Quotation
- The physical undertaking of the work
- The follow up, including quality measurement and the remedy of any shortcomings
- BS8522:2009 was developed for the benefit of the Commercial Moving Sector
- Using a Commercial Moving Group Member ensures that a Relocation will be administered and conducted to extremely high standards.
- Always use a Commercial Moving Group Member to ensure the highest possible provision of service.
- When writing a Tender document BS8522:2009 should be a Minimum requirement for further participation.
- Systems and procedures are Audited externally on an Annual basis to ensure continued compliance to the Standard.