There are now 2 new forms to record details of a heavy goods vehicle with DVSA.

You’ll need to complete and return the appropriate form so you can:

  • get a ministry plate and plating certificate (if the vehicle needs them)
  • book an annual test (MOT) for the vehicle

You’ll need to use the ‘VTG 788‘ form for vehicles approved under European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval or National Small Series Type Approval.

Use the ‘VTG 789‘ form for a vehicle that has an Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA).

These forms should be completed after you or the dealer register your heavy goods vehicle with DVLA.

There’s no fee to record the vehicle details with DVSA.

The forms will replace the ‘Application for a plating certificate for a goods vehicle’ (TD1) form.

From 31 January 2019 we will no longer accept the TD1 form.

Source: DVSA