Manual Handling & Furniture Handling
This course is aimed at all staff who are required to carry customers’ furniture effects in a safe manner whilst ensuring the risk of damage is kept to an absolute minimum. Suitable for those who are new to Manual/Furniture Handling or those who require a refresher.
The course comprises of a number of elements that includes manual handling and furniture theory, learning how to protect a customer’s premises, and includes practical manual and furniture handling activities.
- Understand the financial impact on the removals industry caused by injuries as a result of poor manual handling techniques
- Gain an overview of manual handling legislation
- Outline of the basic structure and function of the spine and the most common causes of manual handling injuries
- Practice correct manual handling techniques
- Know the most important factors to consider when conducting a two person or team lift
- Describe the benefits and typical application of manual handling aids
- Considerations to be made when protecting a customer’s premises
- Best practice techniques for moving items up and down stairs
- Practice moving various types of furniture in a household environment
Price per Delegate:
Members: £145 + VAT
Non Members: £150 + VAT
NB: This course is available as an in-company option
Venues & Dates:
25 Oct, 12 Dec
16 Oct, 11 Dec
20 Sep, 13 Nov
If you’re moving, look for the badge!