On 01 July 2017 BAR launched the new Association wide Advanced Payment Guarantee Scheme (APG).
To support Members in the launch of the scheme, BAR have produced a Member fact sheet that can be found below.
- All BAR Members must provide an approved and ongoing Advance Payment Guarantee [for private individual consumer protection] from 01 July 2017.
- The BAR Advanced Payment Guarantee scheme is the default APG scheme for all Member firms; unless a Member has in place a self-arranged scheme which has been approved by BAR.
- Upon payment of the 2017/18 BAR membership subscription and APG fee, all BAR Members will receive an Advanced Payment Guarantee Trust Fund Certificate. This certificate can be used by Members as part of their marketing collateral, and provided to the customer as evidence of belonging to the scheme.
- Details of how a customer can claim under the new APG Scheme will be included on the reverse of the Advanced Payment Guarantee Trust Fund Certificate.
- Only Members who are part of the scheme are entitled to display the BAR APG logo, which can be found for download under Resources in the Members area of the BAR website.
- BAR APG Vehicle stickers are available for purchase through BAR Services. Any purchase must be arranged by the Member directly with BAR Services – T: 01342 870087 or E: email@example.com
- BAR will be updating the suite of marketing literature available under Resources in the Members area of the BAR website to include the details of the new scheme.
- BAR are in the process of distributing a press release to local and national press in order to promote the scheme to consumers. Should a Member have a press contact they would like the press release circulated to, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions relating to the launch of the scheme can be sent to email@example.com