Autumn sale as price cuts by existing sellers hit five-year high
- New and existing sellers react to quieter time of year by launching their own Autumn Sale to tempt buyers:
- New-to-the-market sellers trim the asking price of property this month, albeit by a modest 0.8% (-£2,392)
- Over one-third (37%) of properties already on the market have reduced their asking price since first listing – the highest proportion at this time of year for five years – a sign of initial over-optimism and a tougher market
- With existing sellers holding an Autumn Sale and obviously keen to sell, there’s an opportunity for buyers to negotiate a good deal in the quieter run-up to Christmas
- With stretched buyer affordability tested further by the recent interest rate rise, sellers should be increasingly wary of over-pricing rather than hoping for a Budget reduction in Stamp Duty to boost buyer activity
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!