Here is your weekly commercial drivers travel update, which sets out changes and events that could affect your planned operations.
Until Sunday 16 July, traffic is likely to be busier than usual in Southfields, Wimbledon Village, town centre, and the area around the tennis complex. Parking restrictions are in place. This is due to the Wimbledon tennis championships.
Brent Cross, A406/A4
From 22:00 until 05:00 each night until Wednesday 23 August, structural surveys are being carried out on the A41 Brent Cross Flyover at the junction with the A406. There are lane closures, restrictions and a temporary overnight closure of the flyover with diversion routes in place.
- Until Tuesday 11 July: two northbound lanes of the A406 will be closed, with one lane remaining open
- Wednesday 12 July to Thursday 20 July: two lanes will be closed on the A406 southbound, with one lane remaining open
- Monday 31 July to Wednesday 9 August: A41 eastbound carriageway will be temporarily closed between the north-west and north-east slip road
From 21:45 until 23:00 on Friday 7 and Saturday 8, and 21:30 until 22:45 on Sunday 9 July, Seven Sisters Road will be closed between Hornsey Road and Green Lanes and adjoining roads will also be closed. Stroud Green Road will also be closed between Upper Tollington Park and Seven Sisters Road. This is for events.
The following tunnels will be closed over the next week as follows:
- Fore Street Tunnel, A406: From 22:00 tonight, Thursday 6 until 05:00 tomorrow, Friday 7 July. A further overnight closure is planned on Thursday 13 July
- A12 Green Man Tunnel (E11): From 22:00 Friday 7 to 05:00 Saturday 8 July, eastbound only
- A12 George Green Tunnel (E11): From 22:00 Friday 7 to 05:00 Saturday 8 July, westbound only
- A12 Eastway Tunnel (E9): From 01:00 until 08:00 on Sunday 9 July for maintenance works
- A13/A200 Rotherhithe Tunnel: From 22:00 Monday 10 to 05:00 Tuesday 11 July for maintenance works
- A102 Blackwall Tunnel: From 01:00 until 08:00 on Sunday 16 July and at the same times on the Sunday mornings of 6 and 20 August, southbound only. This is due to maintenance works
From 08:00 until 16:00 on Saturday 8 July, there will be northbound lane restrictions on Kingsway at the junction of High Holborn. This is for road repair works.
Until the end of the day on Saturday, there will be various road closures as follows, due to a parade:
- From 09:00: Regent Street north of Oxford Circus
- From 11:00: Oxford Circus, Oxford Street (between Portland Place and Tottenham Court Road), and Regent Street (between Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus)
- From midday: Piccadilly eastbound from Hyde Park Corner and between St James’s Street and Piccadilly Circus, Shaftesbury Avenue (between Cambridge Circus and Piccadilly Circus), Regent Street St James’s, Pall Mall, Cockspur Street, Strand westbound, Northumberland Avenue, and Whitehall
From 14:30 until midnight on Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 July, roads in the area will be busier than usual, including A316 Chertsey Road, all roads leading to Twickenham station, and around the stadium. London Road, Whitton Road and Rugby Road will be closed before and after the events, and diversions will be in place in the Twickenham area.
Until 18:00 on Sunday 9 July, various roads will be closed. Roads affected will include Piccadilly between Hyde Park Corner and Piccadilly Circus in both directions from 05:30, Whitehall between Trafalgar Square and Parliament Square from 06:00, and Victoria Street, Aldwych and Piccadilly from 07:00. This is for an event.
From 07:00 until 19:00 on Sunday 9, 16 and 23 July, Regent Street will be closed in both directions, between Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Street, and southbound between Mortimer Street and Oxford Street. New Burlington Street will also be closed between 05:00 and 21:00. This is for events.
From midday until approximately midnight on Wednesday 12 July, a number of roads in and around Trafalgar Square and Whitehall will be closed to all traffic. This is due to an event. For full details, please visit tfl.gov.uk/major-works-and-events
A127 Southend Arterial Road
From 21:00 until 05:00 each night on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 and from 22:00 until 05:00 on Sunday 23 July, the A127 Southend Arterial Road will be closed as follows. This is due to bridge work:
- There will be no access for through traffic along the A127 in both directions between Gallows Corner and the junction of Ardleigh Green Road and Squirrels Heath Road
- Local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times
- Access to and from Bryant Avenue will continue to be possible via the A12
The London Triathlon takes place around east London on Saturday 22 July and on closed roads around central London on Sunday 23 July. For more information, please click here
The RideLondon cycling events return on Friday 28 to Sunday 30 July and will again take place in London and Surrey. For road traffic impact maps and up to date travel information, please visit tfl.gov.uk/ridelondon