The Francis Crick Institute is a biomedical discovery facility dedicated to understanding why disease develops and to find new ways to treat, diagnose and prevent illness. The creation of this state-of-the-art facility with nearly one million square foot of floor space in Kings Cross was one of the single biggest construction projects in the UK in recent times.
Merging the Medical Research Councils National Institute for Medical Research and Cancer Research UK’s London Research Institute under one roof, the project included the most significant scientific laboratory relocation of its kind in Europe and required the migration of:
- 1,500 staff
- 101 lab groups
- 15 specialist technology platforms
- University partner moves
- 17,500 laboratory equipment items
- 1,500 crates of chemicals
- Desktop and server equipment
- Live cold move including fridges & freezers, liquid nitrogen vessels
- Specialist areas such as Drosophila (fruit flies), BRF, Insectary,
- Containment levels 3 and 4
- Hazardous and biological materials
- Bespoke and standard glassware
- Laboratory consumables
- Write up area crates
Premier put together a multi-disciplined account management team to support continuous professional delivery of this diverse and specialist project. Premier also increased their in-house staff training and invested significantly in additional specialist fleet to enable maximum in house delivery ensuring the consistency of staff and resources.
A full case study can be downloaded from the Premier Workplace Services website.