The Road Haulage Association is calling on the political party leaders to ensure the future stability and prosperity of the UK road haulage industry.
Measures within the Association’s manifesto include:
- Road investment and facilities to support competitiveness
- The unfair fuel duty differential between the UK and the rest of Europe
- Emissions and air quality and the need for a realistic HGV scrappage scheme
- The skills shortage within the industry
- Brexit, including measure to maintain border controls at Calais
Britain’s hauliers are responsible for moving 85% of the UK economy. It is essential that the new administration understands and is sympathetic to the needs of the industry on which the entire population of the UK depends.