Commercial Estimating – 23rd February 2017 at BAR Watford
Course Content: Why volume is important, how to calculate volume (including guidelines/hints/tips to calculating volume), estimating the amount of packing crates needed, questions to ask on site viewings, methods of site viewing, risk assessment, information to include in a commercial quotation.
Introduction to Overseas Moving – 11th and 12th April 2017 at BAR Watford
This is an essential course for those who are new to International Moving and for those who wish to refresh their knowledge with the latest requirements. The course covers the different methods of international moving, outlining the advantages and disadvantages of each. It covers the documentation required, relevant regulations and the general processes involved in an International Move.
- The basics of shipping by air, sea, and shipping cars.
- Freight rates, airline chargeable weights, container sizes, documentation, choice of agent.
- Insurance for overseas moves.
- Imports – handling agent-booked imports and own-booked imports/3rd country moves, the moving process:
- Enquiry taking, survey, planning, costing/quoting, booking, arranging freight, invoicing, dealing with agents, insurance claims.
Chris Mackley of Gerson Relocations.
ILM Lvl3 – Team Leader Development Programme – 8th to 12th May 2017 at BAR Watford
BAR Training Services is offering the ILM Level 3 Accredited Team Leadership training programme.
The course is suitable for any team leader, supervisor, aspiring team leader, or existing front-line manager who would like to learn about best practice management/leadership techniques. Delegates will have the opportunity to develop management, planning, communication and motivational skills and knowledge.
The programme consists of an Interactive workshop involving short inputs, group discussions, individual work, diagnostics and experiential exercises. Delegates will be encouraged to develop an action plan for their own and others development. Also included is direct assignment support and assistance in preparation for the assignments. Additional support is also available on-line through the West Herts College virtual learning environment which delegates will have access to as well as having student membership to the ILM resources for 6 months.
- To understand the principles and practice of leadership and their application.
- To explore and develop an understanding of the role of First Line Manager within a removals environment
- To understand the role that team leaders play in supporting their organisations vision, values and goals
- To understand their own and others learning styles and the effect on leading their teams.
- To understand and develop planning, prioritising and organising skills
- To be able to manage their own and others time effectively
- To understand the communication processes and to be able to communicate more effectively
- To understand how teams are built and developed
- To understand how to develop better team working
- To understand how motivation affects team and individual performance
- To be able to overcome barriers to motivation
- To understand and use problem solving techniques and to develop own decision making skills
- To understand how to deal with challenging customers
- To understand how to recruit team members effectively
- To understand the principles of giving effective feedback and how to manage team and individual performance.
Bev Gilder of West Herts College. Bev is an experienced Trainer who has worked within the logistics sector as well as having a background in developing Team leaders within the removals industry and across wide range organisations.
If you are interested in any of the training listed, please contact BAR Training Services at email@example.com or call 01923 699 484